MONTERREY, N.L., February 13th, 2020.- For the 10th year in a row, the CEMEX- Tecnológico de Monterrey Center for Sustainable Development opened the call for the CEMEX-Tec Award.
The call was launched this Thursday, February 13th, at the Tecnológico de Monterrey University Campus, on an event presided by Tecnológico de Monterrey University (ITESM) and CEMEX executives.
In its 2020 edition the CEMEX-Tec Award is looking for entrepreneurs, students and organizations with high-impact ideas and projects regarding sustainable development, innovation and social entrepreneurship that contributes to generate a positive change on the planet.
"We are celebrating 10 years of the CEME-TEC Award and we are 10 years away from reaching 2030. With this initiative we seek to be a vehicle to recognize and empower all those agents of change who are helping to achieve the UN's Sustainable Development Goals," says Martha Herrera, Corporate Director of Social Responsibility at CEMEX and Director for the CEMEX Tecnológico de Monterrey Center for Sustainable Communities.
Categories and awards
Organizations, students and entrepreneurs can apply; This will be the third time that projects not only from Mexico and Latin America but from anywhere can participate.
Those interested in this call can participate in one of the 4 open categories worldwide:
● Transforming Communities, aimed at undergraduate and graduate students with proposals for the sustainable transformation of a community.
● Social Entrepreneurs, aimed at entrepreneurs with projects that solve a social problem and encourage a systemic change, with the potential of becoming a social business;
● Communitarian Entrepreneurship, aimed at community entrepreneurs, community base organizations, cooperatives or civil associations with productive projects of social transformation, and;
● Collaborative Action, aimed at organizations with social impact projects implemented through multisectoral partnerships.
In addition to financial awards of up to USD 25,000, the contest will grant rewards such as specialized training and access to networking spaces for the promotion of projects.
The participants should sign up in the web page of the CEMEX-Tec Center (www.cdcs.com.mx), choose the appropriate category for their proposals and upload their projects . The deadline to submit projects is May 31st, 2020.
As every year, the CEMEX-TEC Award has the support of actors that extend the impact of this initiative, thanks to the participation of organizations such as Ashoka, MassChallenge, MakeSense, Unreasonable Mexico, ImpactHub, Disruptive TV, Socialab, New Ventures and Unboxed, it has become one of the most important innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem awards in Mexico.
Throughout its nine years of history, the CEMEX-Tec Award has received the registration of more than 7,500 people and 3,765 projects from 74 countries, of which 65 winning projects have been Mexican and 63 international. These projects have benefited more than 22,500 people in Mexico and the world.
For further information regarding the CEMEX-Tec Award and the application process: - www.cdcs.com.mx
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: /PremioCEMEXTEC